So, since the other two wrote a yearly update, I decided, in the eleventh hour no less, to write my own…
2019 sucked folks. Let’s be real. It started mostly okay, but midyear, the whole damn shooting match fell apart. My father died in June. It’s still fucking with me and I’m not going to lie and say that things are fully better. They aren’t. Grief hits in weird and horrible waves and I can’t predict it all.
I took the year off to get my head together and write. I was trying my best but see above. I did manage to get things organized, but I’m not going to lie, 2019 was less successful on the catching up on the writing front than I wanted.
I did get some writing done though. Plus, I did pull an old Rough Trade out of mothballs to add to the site. I turned my hands to several projects, including the Quantum Bang and the Feeding Frenzy. Both were fun, and I’m totally willing to do them again.
- For 2019, I published 170,182 words of fanfiction to my site. I didn’t write all twelve months of the year, but I did get some in for most of the year. It helped.
- I tried my hand at the Quantum Bang and had a damn good time.
- The Feeding Frenzy was fun to do, and I’ll be honest… I’ll do that again in a heartbeat. It was an amazingly fun ride.
- I joined MeWe, Discord, InsaneJournal, Instagram, and Twitter. I’m pretty sure that I’m missing something, but I’ve got enough social media and I’m fairly certain I’m done on that front.
- I did publish two professional works this year. The first was Crave with Ardith Bale and the second was The Triad Bond, which is the third in the O’Faoláin series.
- I attempted to complete the November Rough Trade challenge. While I didn’t make it, it reminded me of how much work it is to get done.
So, that was my year. I’m posting my list of fics for 2019 below
- So You Want to be a 00? (EAD)
- Fire Cleansed (EAD)
- Earthquakes (EAD)
- Mechanical Motherhood (EAD)
- The Letter
- The Treat
- The Furor
- The Magic of Hobbits
- A Dish Best Served Cold
- Personal Justice
- Wit-Sec: SGC Style
- New Horizons
- Round Two
- Moving On Up
- The Trunk
- To Bell A Dragon
- Playing With the Big Bad Wolf
- A Once and Future King
- Sticky Fingers
- Gathering the Troops
- The Holiday Season
- Unexpected Blessings
- A Fabulous First Date
- Terms of… Endearment?
- Knit One, Purl Two
- Unexpected Gifts
- A Lone Wolf
- Chumming the Waters (Feeding Frenzy#2)
- Rattling the Cages (Feeding Frenzy#7)
- Janus Two Step (Quantum Bang)
Looking into 2020
I’m going to be trying my hand at the Quantum Bang again this year. I won’t say what I’m writing, but it should be fun.
I’ve already been dared to join the whole Year of the Sentinel so I need to work on those. No, I don’t really know what I’m going to do, but I do know that there will be SGA. Likely a lot of SGA since I do write in that easily.
I’ve already put myself on the line to write 500 words a day. This is going to push me a lot since I fell out of the habit of writing at times. I’ve already done the math and I know; I know that’s a massive number of words. I’m not going to think about how many.
I’ve also been informed that I will be doing another profic, so that’s something that I need to get done, ASAP. I’m looking forward to EAD, the QB and maybe, if we’re lucky, a new Feeding Frenzy.
Thank you to Keira, Jilly, Azure, and Cinna, my darling childe. Thank you also to Barbara and Emily. All of you have been amazing. Thank you
Have a good year everyone